1 GENERAL WARRANTIES POLICY
- Warranty due to any cause beyond the control of COMPANY, including, but not limited to, delays caused by Customer, acts of God, acts of governmental authority, natural disasters, war, terrorism, restrictions on imports or exports, labour strikes or any other labour action, delays in transportation, shortage of materials, civil disorder, fire.
- Warranty extends to the Republic of South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia and Swaziland.
- Any claim against COMPANY (or its duly authorised agents) for harm (physical or economic) suffered by a person or property due to the failure, defect or hazardous nature of the products sold by the COMPANY must provide full details of the extent and cost of such harm and include particulars of the steps taken to avoid or limit such harm.
- Limitation of Warranty and Liability THE LIMITED WARRANTIES SET FORTH HEREIN ARE THE ONLY AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTIES APPLICABLE TO THE PHOTOVOLTAIC MODULES,INVERTERS,MOUNTING STRUCTURES,BATTERIES AND ANY OTHER ACCESORY SOLD BY THE COMPANY. COMPANY HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS AND EXCLUDES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTIBILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES HOWSOEVER CAUSED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF REVENUES OR PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PRODUCTION OR LOST INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY, ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THE PRODUCTS, THEIR INSTALLATION, USE, FAILURE OR DEFECTS, even if COMPANY has been informed that such damages could occur. COMPANY AGGREGATE LIABILITY, IF ANY, IN DAMAGES OR OTHERWISE, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE NET INVOICE PRICE PAID BY THE CUSTOMER FOR THE PHOTOVOLTAIC MODULE[S] WHICH IS/ARE THE SUBJECT OF CLAIM OR DISPUTE.
2. INVERTERS AND UPS WARRANTIES POLICY
- The company offers a 1-year warranty to the buyers of its Inverters under conditions set out hereafter at this document. The 1-year warranty applies to the functional defects of the Company products (hereinafter: products) resulting from the defectiveness of the material being used or irregularities in the Company production process, provided that the product is mounted and used in accordance with the Manufacturer’s instructions and requirements set out hereafter.
- For the Products, for which the warranty provided in the clause 20.2.1 is given, the Company will repair or replace at its discretion with the products of the same type and, at least, the same quality at its headquarters at its own expense. The Company will not cover the expenses of neither transport, nor delivery, nor assembling or any other similar expenses.
- The 4-year warranty shall apply under following conditions: – The product has been mounted by a person authorized by the Company and in accordance with the Manufacturer’s instructions; – The maintenance work on the product has been conducted by a person authorized by the Company in accordance with the Manufacturer’s instructions; – The product has been installed on an adequate location for its IP rating protection; – The temperature , current and voltage have never exceeded the limit values for electrical components; – The product has never been subjected to the loads that are inconsistent with its normal use.
- The 4-year warranty shall apply only to the normal use of the product. The use is considered as normal if the following requirements are fulfilled cumulatively: a) For the voltage range of 230VAC, the electrical installations shall not be subject to the variation in voltage greater than 230V +/- 10%; b) For the voltage range of 220V, the electrical installations shall not be subject to the variation in voltage greater than 220V + – 10%; c) For the voltage range of 110V, the electrical installations shall not be subject to the variation in voltage greater than 110V +/- 10%; d) The range of the temperature where the product is used shall be 25°C +-5°C, unless otherwise specified on the product. e) The relative humidity shall not exceed 80%, and if a certain IP value is provided on the product, it shall not be exceeded.
- The 4-year warranty shall not apply in the event of: 1. The product is not used in accordance with the Manufacturer’s instructions; 2. The product is used for purposes other than those for which it was designed; 3. The incorrect assembly of the product; 4. Mechanical damage and faults caused by the Buyer’s or third party’s incorrect handling of the product; 5. Damage and faults caused by natural disasters (lightning, earthquake, fire, floods etc.); 6. Damage and faults caused by the incorrect electrical voltage (for example, electrical stroke and similar); 7. Repairs and interventions in products by unauthorized persons; 8. Any modifications of the product.
- Important note: In order to make use of the warranty supplied with your product as well as the protection of your product when returning it, please keep the original box your inverter came in. This includes the packaging materials, accessories, warranty card and original proof of purchase. This would ensure an efficient warranty claims process
3. LIMITED PHOTOVOLTAIC PANELS WARRANTIES POLICY
- Limited Photovoltaic Module Warranty — 8 Year Repair, Replacement or Refund Remedy , COMPANY warrants its Photovoltaic Modules, including DC connector cable assemblies, to be free from defects in materials and workmanship under proper application and installation strictly according to our installation instructions, use and service conditions, for a period of eight (8) years after the first sale to the original end-user customer. When making a warranty claim, the customer is responsible to establish that it is within the period of the warranty to the satisfaction of COMPANY in its sole judgment. COMPANY will, at its sole option, either: (a) provide a replacement (excluding labour), (b) repair or (c) refund the purchase price paid by the Customer (‘Purchase Price’) of any Photovoltaic Module that COMANY determine to be defective under the terms of this Limited Warranty. The replacement or refund remedy shall be the sole and exclusive remedy provided under this Limited Warranty and shall not extend beyond the eight (8) year period set forth herein. This Limited Warranty does not warrant any specific power output, which shall be exclusively covered under Section 20.2.2 below (Limited Pmax Warranty).
- Limited Minimum Pmax Warranty and Limited Remedy
- Definition of minimum Pmax Minimum Pmax is the minimum power in peak watts that a Photovoltaic Module generates as stated on the module rating label. “Standard Test Conditions” are as follows: [a] light spectrum of AM 1.5, [b] an irradiation of 1,000 Watts per square meter and [c] a cell temperature of 25 degrees Centigrade. The measurements are carried out in accordance with IEC60904 as tested at the junction box terminals per the calibration and testing standards of Manufacturer in effect on the date of manufacture of the Photovoltaic Modules.
- For 15 years: For the Photovoltaic Modules, COMPANYS further warrants that: if, within fifteen (15) years after the first sale to the original end-user customer, any Photovoltaic Module exhibits a power output less than the percentage indicated in the following chart of the minimum Pmax at Standard Test Conditions as specified on the manufacturer’s Product Information Label affixed to each Photovoltaic Module, provided that such loss in power is determined by COMPANY (at its sole and absolute discretion) to be due to defects in material or workmanship, COMPANY will, at its sole option, either  provide the Customer with sufficient additional Photovoltaic Modules to compensate for such loss in power;  repair or replace the defective Photovoltaic Modules; or  refund a prorated portion of the Purchase Price at an annual depreciation rate of four percent (4)% of the Purchase Price.
- Exclusions and Limitations: The remedies set forth in this Section are the sole and exclusive remedies provided under the Limited Minimum Pmax Warranty. Applicable period Warranty claims must be filed within the applicable Warranty period, without exception. Repaired Photovoltaic Modules are warranted for duration of the original period of warranty.
- Warranty Exclusions These Limited Warranties do not apply to, and COMPANY shall not be liable for, problems with the operation of, damage to, or failure of Photovoltaic Modules which, in COMPANY sole judgment, arise, result from, or are caused by: a. The improper combination or attachment to the Photovoltaic Modules of other devices, equipment or parts, or by mounting methods thereof; b. Parts, devices, and/or system components which are connected with or mounted on the Photovoltaic Module; c. Failure of the Photovoltaic Modules due to faulty or inappropriate application, installation or use such as the use of equipment not specified for photovoltaic systems (wind/hybrid system inverters, fuel cells, etc.); d. Defective or improper wiring, installation, or handling; e. Failure to follow COMPANY installation, maintenance, or other instructions; f. Installations not in conformance with the local building and electrical code, COMPANY specifications, the COMPANY installation manual applicable to the Photovoltaic Modules, or any label(s) affixed to the Photovoltaic Modules; g. Maintenance, lack of maintenance, or operation that is not in conformance with the installation manual and/or technical advisories provided by COMPANY; h. Cleaning of the Photovoltaic Module using chemicals, oil and detergent such as thinner, alcohol, benzene, gasoline, coal oil, etc.; i. Damage to the Photovoltaic Modules during their transportation or storage; j. Improper pre-installation storage and transport and/or stress caused by dropping, stepping on, or otherwise mishandling the Photovoltaic Module during installation; k. Repair of or modifications to the Photovoltaic Modules not approved, authorized, or performed by COMPANY; l. Electrical surges, spikes, or outages; m. Loss of power generation during repairs of the Photovoltaic Module caused by failure or caused by system voltage surges; n. Exceptional incidents, natural disasters, and extreme weather conditions including but not limited to occurrences such as an earthquake, flood, lightning, hurricane, typhoon, tornado, snow damage, freezing, hailstorms, fire, explosion, government action, act of war or terrorism, man-made catastrophes, any other unforeseen events beyond COMPANY reasonable control, or other force majeure events; o. Wear and tear that is of a cosmetic nature and has no effect on the performance of the Photovoltaic Modules; p. External stresses such as stones and/or debris dropping; q. Discoloration (such as color tone of the module surface), rust, scratches, and dirt on the Photovoltaic Module by natural aging and/or continuous use; r. Acid rain, smoke, salt water, other kinds of pollution causing corrosion, or severe environmental conditions; s. Pest and or/animal damage such as bird droppings or nest building; t. Criminal conduct such as misuse, neglect, breakage, or vandalism; u. Where the type label and/or serial number of the Photovoltaic Module is missing, has Last been removed, defaced, tampered with, or is unreadable; v. Movement and falling of the Photovoltaic Module after installation; or w. Use on mobile units such as vehicles, vessels, etc. C. Transportation and labour costs excluded These Limited Warranties exclude all transportation costs for return of defective Photovoltaic Modules or for re-shipment of any replacement Photovoltaic Modules and exclude all labour and other costs associated with installation, removal and reinstallation of the Photovoltaic Modules. D. Serial numbers Warranty claims will not be honoured if the serial numbers of the Photovoltaic Modules have been altered, removed or made illegible.
4. LIMITED BATTERIES WARRANTIES POLICY
- COMPANY warrants to the original purchaser of the Battery that only during the first period of 6 (six) months from the date of purchase (or date of first delivery of the Battery to the purchaser) that the Battery:- 1. is in good working order and free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service conditions and in terms of correct application; 2. is suitable for the purpose the Battery is generally intended and which is Power Backup Applications. This Battery is not suitable for Engine Starting or any high current applications; 3. will be usable and durable for a reasonable period. If the Battery does not comply with the above, COMPANY will, at the direction of the purchaser:- i. repair or recharge the Battery or; ii. replace the Battery or; iii. refund the price paid for the Battery. If the Battery is repaired by COMPANY, the Battery will be covered by the warranty on repaired goods in terms of the CPA for a period of 3 (three) months from date of repair. The warranty on repaired goods is void if the Battery has been misused or abused. This warranty does not apply to ordinary wear and tear, having regard to the ordinary intended Deep cycle use of the Battery. COMPANY’S Claim Procedure must be complied with and a Claim Form completed. Upon finalization of the warranty claim, the purchaser will be required to sign a Settlement of Claim Form. Any other claim by the purchaser of the Battery should be pursued in terms of the CPA. The CPA WARRANTY only applies in the Republic of South Africa.
- COMPANY’S WARRANTY Should the CPA not be applicable to the original purchase of the Battery then only COMPANY’S warranty will apply. COMPANY’S warranty will also apply to transactions where the CPA is applicable but only subsequent to the first 6 (six) month period referred to in the CPA WARRANTY. COMPANY only warrants that this Battery is free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service conditions and in terms of correct application and in the event of this not being the case, within a period of 24 (twenty four) months from date of purchase of the Battery (or date of first delivery of the Battery to the purchaser) (“Warranty Term”), COMPANY undertakes, in its sole discretion to repair the defect, or replace the Battery at its own cost and without charge to the purchaser of the Battery, subject to the following conditions:- 1. Any claim in terms of this warranty must be made in terms of COMPANY’S Claim Procedure as soon as the purchaser becomes aware of the defect or malfunction and which must become apparent within the Warranty Term: Failure to notify COMPANY or its duly authorised agents of any alleged defect or malfunction, within the Warranty Term, will render the warranty void; 2. The purchaser must return the defective Battery to COMPANY (or its duly authorised agents) free of charge within the Warranty Term and exhibit satisfactory proof of purchase of the Battery. Upon finalization of the warranty claim, the purchaser will be required to sign a Settlement of Claim Form; 3. The warranty on the repaired or replaced Battery shall extend from the original date of purchase of the “defective” Battery and not the repair / replacement date; 4. COMPANY will not be liable under this warranty where the Battery is used ad or discharged not according to their official specified capacity; 5. This warranty is void if failure of the Battery has resulted from abuse or neglect; improper use / miss-application (including incorrect over or under charging or accident: failure to keep the Battery properly charged or maintained, if applicable; use of battery acid or additives; excessive use and abnormal wear and tear during the Warranty Term (including commercial use); use in a vehicle fitted with additional or non-standard / factory fitted electrical extras (for example alarms, immobilizers; environmental conditions or any other damage arising from, inter alia, accident/collision, fire, explosion, freezing, theft, civil commotion, labour / political unrest or rioting, or where COMPANY reasonably determines that the Battery has been repaired or altered by any third party other than COMPANY (or its duly authorised agents);. This warranty is void where the Battery is used other than for backup or solar power application and for which this Battery is specifically intended.